Each year during Muster, the names of Aggies who have passed away in that area during the previous 12 months are read aloud and one or more of their comrades answers “here”, symbolizing that fallen Aggie’s presence in spirit.
It’s an amazing tradition and an honor no Aggie will ever go without.
The Association of Former Students provides a list of all the Aggies who who have passed in the past year. The names on that list that are connected to Wharton County and so will be read during our Wharton County Muster ceremony are:
- Mrs. Lesley Matthews Carey ’91, who passed on January 7, 2020
- Mr. Ronnie Lee Fenley ’77, who passed on June 29, 2019
- Dr. Frank E. Mann, Jr. ’56, who passed on March 13, 2020
- Mr. Clay J. Henry Meyer, Jr. ’72, who passed on September 10, 2019
- Mr. Roy Douglas Murray ’78, who passed on April 2, 2019
- Mr. Melvin Louis Sunderman ’65, who passed on August 19, 2019
If there is anyone you know whose name should be on this list — any Aggie who you would like to be called and answered for during this year’s Wharton County Muster, please use the form below to add their name or give Robin Hensley ’03 a call at 979-541-9004.
And be sure to use the chat during the live stream to answer “Here” for them during Roll Call. We’ll also have at least one board member answer “Here” out loud.